Saturday, April 14, 2012

Kewpie Doll ATCs...............

I bought a really nice embossed repo of Kewpie. It only had one doll and several clothes. So I had to use my trusty printer and make more so that I could make many Kewpies using all the clothes. The trick here was to make them ATC size and also to give them a nice finish like the original. So they were colored by hand and then clear fingernail polish was used to give that beautiful finished shine. I took the pictures through a page protector here. Maybe that is not the best way- but you can still see all of the cute faces. Kewpies are just about MY FAVORITE childhood doll. I am very partial to the composition dolls. I only have one  that I keep on my dresser.  So making them into paper doll ATCs was enjoyable to me. This way I can keep them in my Paperdoll ATC collection, which is growing!


To make them fold, either the legs would swing under with a brad or the head would swing behind with a brad. Either way, they also fold to the 3.5 X 2.5 size

No comments:

Post a Comment