Saturday, November 10, 2012
I did something different with these three in that I put the brad for their heads to move right under their noses so their heads can turn from the head and not the base of the neck. They look very primitive which is exactly what I wanted........you know "I meant to do that"
Monday, August 13, 2012
This month I was to make ATC art doll Mermaids. I used some of my designer heads and made
new bodies. I used my own hand painted paper. I thought it would be nice to make the tails more movable. They are jointed at the elbow and have three tail sections that move nicely. The neck is situated to the front of the torso. I just numbered them, but they need names--hmm how about Noreena and Laveena. Silly but it works. If you can think of two better names, then tell me. Those two just popped into my heads. They sound like twins or something.
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Saturday, June 16, 2012
On my quest to making an entire alphabet of my "Lovable Movable" alphabet into ATCs. I used this original Alphabet with a song that went with it for my Preschool for about 20 years. Many little children learned the letters and sounds this way.
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
The Art Journal I have been working on was SO plain but I knew that I would get
inspiration eventually. I purchased some very interesting wire sculptures by an artist
by the name of Jesse Levesque. I added a fish sculpture here on this journal. I always like
to give credit to the artist and that is why you can see a little note to the side that does
that. I used jeweled brads in the middle of the eyes and also wire to it to the cover.
For smaller pieces, I used E6000 glue and covered the entire thing with Liquitex Gloss Gel.
The pages are so colorful that the cover is a nice match.
Thursday, May 24, 2012
The Challenge was to make a "Troll or Gnome". I remember having troll dolls
as a child and collected as many of the mini ones that I could. They were
like little children to me. I played with them for hours. It was easy to name
them because of the different colors of hair. The jeweled belly button trolls
came along later. I thought it would be fun to make a "tatoo" troll with movable
arms and legs. The hair is fibers from my fiber collection. The hair is glued sandwiched
between two chip board cuts of the front and back. It was helpful to used
jeweled brads for ear rings to keep the hair in the head.
I used google eyes to make him a little more silly.
I also make a blue one I sent off. I will have to
find that picture and post it. I may have forgotten
to take the pic before it was sent in the swap.
Friday, May 18, 2012
Month's theme. this is Andy with rick-rack and a white
with this Andy has a doily apron and a red heart. The
hair is a deep rich red thin yarn that is put in sections
by making holes around the edge of her head and
adding the yarn. I like it a little crazy.
ANdy's feet with pants and pantaloons.
second set. I used two rows of wide white
lace to make Ann's apron. I think I like the
red hearts on them better and also little red
buttons on their tops.
Each set is a little different but both have
movable arms and legs and red yarn hair.
I like their faces.
Close up of their faces.
These sets are about 7 inches tall. The design is original
by me......that being that they are my version of them.
They took a lot of time to make. But I totally enjoyed
making them and they are a great addition to my collection.
Friday, May 11, 2012
The one on the left was made from an ad from a magazine and a random card. Her name is "Beautiful Dreamer" I used a couple left over stickers and it looks pretty funny. The right one is a remake of one I already made called "dolls"
Monday, May 7, 2012
These are altered paper art dolls ATCs taken from an old Children's Playmate Magazine. I think the magazine is from the 1940's Her name is Mehitable. I like that name. One of my own ancestors has the name of Mehitable. They look like a Southern Belles. When there was a challenge for this theme, I was happy to make a copy of three versions of her. I hand touched them and added some embellishment too. Sometimes making a ATC art doll from a paper doll pattern can be challenging. It takes some thought to make it look like the paper doll and still have moving parts to her so she can be folded to a smaller size.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
I could not sleep a couple of nights ago so I got up and made PiPi, Joy and Steampunk Sue
So I call them my "Up-in-the-night dolls.
Joy is small-about 5 inches tall
with button hands and feet.
Pipi reminds me of the the movie called
"The Artist" which one of my favorites!
Steampunk Sue Folded
Steampunk Sue is the tallest-about 11 inches tall