Sunday, January 31, 2010

How "ThingsAltered" came about---Mary


So how did the name THINGSALTERED come into thought and become our website name? It started about 8 to 10 years ago. I LOVE ART JOURNALING! I have kept journals for over 45 years. Way back then, I would put a few little pictures that I would draw in from time to time. But still, they were so dry and boring. My Left-Brain was always fighting my Right-Brain. Left-Brain kept saying "how dumb you are to want to draw stuff in this boring journal". Right-Brain kept telling Left-Brain to "shut up and let me have some fun!" It went on this way for many years until Right-Brain finally got it's way.

Then Right Brain got out of control!! So now all the journals are nothing but art journaling. "YEAH!!", yelled Right-Brain. Then a couple of years ago, I found an old TV cabinet that I "re-did". The cabinet was to hold the growing number of crazy art journals and other creations. I put the words THINGS on one side and ALTERED on the other. I put them in the wrong order but thought it was a clever mistake.
I will add that picture of the front of the cabinet next time but this is a picture of what it looks like on the inside. It is difficult to see all the journals that are in there. Don't worry. I will show them one at a time to you as we go along. Lotsa fun and crazy stuff in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment