Saturday, July 23, 2011

Altered Book Pages......Emily......

I thought it would be nice to show some of my older Altered Book Pages. I started this altered book two years ago and I just love it but I have only worked on four pages. This is an old book that I cut out about 2/3s of the pages. then glued pages together, used spray gesso, then painted the pages, tore the edges and then did a whole mess of layering. It took me five hours just to prepare the book but it was worth it. The book is one of my most favorites. I am an artist and I just can not resist working on about 20 projects at once. I get around to finishing most of the projects but this way I can go back to one after I get tired of another. I wait for inspiration and they turn out better this way. This page is dedicated to my beautiful daughter, Emily. She wants to have children someday but for now, she enjoys being an Aunt. She will be an awsome mother when she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment