Saturday, October 22, 2011

Some pages from a Large altered book that I started over two years ago...









This Altered Book is a book  that I originally used to keep track of ebay transactions over ten years ago. The book is a very large log book that is pretty pricey but I bought two (new) for a fantastic price from a yard sale. So a whole lot of writing was done in them both before I decided to altered this one. I glued pages together and painted them with gesso before starting each page.  I collaged a few things but mostly my own drawings. Each page has layers and layers of stuff underneath.
I can not just work on one project at a time. I have about 30 or more different projects and books in my art room that I am working on. I like to go back and forth with projects because my creative flow is much better this way. I will eventually finish this one as well. I like to fill all the pages of my altered books. I like to put an index somewhere in my books as well.  Like many right brainers, I rarely start at the beginning. I am always jumping around in the books and adding randomly.

No comments:

Post a Comment