I love the cover and I am about half way finished with this Altered Book. I found an old hymnal, I removed about half of the pages and glued groups of 3 pages together, sprayed the pages with spray Gesso, then chalked many of the pages.
I used sand paper on the cover but the cover was already sort of beat up and falling apart. I added some Gorilla Duct tape, cut out a section in the front, painted it some vibrant yellows and oranges, added some clear glitter, added the letters a. r. t. and then wired an adorable wooden angel with metal wings and halo. I covered the entire front with a clear coat of pearly translucent acrylic liquid. I love how it turned out. It probably my favorite altered book so far. I will be posting some of the pages. Book measures about 3" X 5". The liquid acrylic is keeping the cover from more peeling because of it's age. The book is probably about 100 years old or more.